<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Posts by members and friends of el Castillo, the NHP & NHPFC, the Black Hole Bayou, Belhaven (Wells 2nd Floor, The PIT, The PUB et al), the Triune, Deuce Saints, Blue Eyed Merle's Quasi Acoustic Lunch Box Band (and incarnations of Da Da), The Beggar Canyon Boys, The Pirate Song Singers, The Really Rottens, Team Pimp, Brains of the Universe, Pula Llama, the el Castillian Wrestling Federation, related assemblies, groupies, affiliates, fans and all who aspire to the Castillian Dream

Monday, September 10, 2007

Quechup

If you read this site chances are you got an e-mail and an apology from me about Quechup.com - a friend invited me to join and I did to check it out, to see how it differs from other social networking programs - just to be in the know on what's going on. As you saw from the e-mail, while signing up it sent an invitation to everyone in my contact list. I've heard from many folks who signed up when they got the e-mail, and the same thing happened to them. Here is a warning now from the Mississippi Press Association. As you can see from these news stories, Quechup's plan is backfiring. A sample from the headlines: quechup's spam produces disgust - the absoultely wrong way to market yourself - social network launches worldwide spam campaign. So while I got more than I bargained for, I guess I did get to be plugged in on the latest internet thing.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
On the other hand, it gave you a reason to use the word "furious" in your e-mail message explaining what happened. How often does that happen? Usually I just get to say I was "mad" or "pissed off." Or, if I don't really want to admit to be mad, "upset." Furious has such a nice ring to it.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?