BOTU
- "Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
--Isaac Asimov
- "Issac Asimov is a great annoyance to us."
--Austin & Brian
Stuff
- Asian in a Strange Land
- Big Chief Tablet
- Brian Perry
- Capstone Public Affairs, LLC
- Dada Dick and the Blicktones
- Dayton Castleman
- Gentrys
- Le Luke Blog
- Life in the Valley of Peace
- Lulu Hagen's Web Gallery
- Soul Bacon
- StandardChuck
- subchapterk
- The Belhaven Blog
- The Life We Live
- This is Harrison
- Trip and Coop Blog
Archives
- 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
- 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
- 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
- 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
- 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
- 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
- 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
- 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
- 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
- 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
- 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
- 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
- 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
- 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
- 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
- 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
- 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
- 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
- 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
- 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
- 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
- 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
- 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
- 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
- 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
- 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
- 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
- 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
- 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
- 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
- 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
- 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
- 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
- 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
- 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
- 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
- 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
- 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
- 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
- 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
- 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
- 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
- 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
- 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
- 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
- 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
- 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
- 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
- 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
- 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
- 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
- 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
- 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
- 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
- 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
- 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
- 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
- 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
- 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
- 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
- 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
- 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
- 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
- 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
- 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
- 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
- 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
- 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009
- 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
- 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009
- 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
- 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
- 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009
- 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
- 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009
- 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009
- 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009
- 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
- 11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
- 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
- 01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010
- 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
- 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010
- 04/01/2010 - 05/01/2010
- 05/01/2010 - 06/01/2010
- 06/01/2010 - 07/01/2010
- 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010
- 09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010
- 10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010
- 11/01/2010 - 12/01/2010
- 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011
- 02/01/2011 - 03/01/2011
- 04/01/2011 - 05/01/2011
- 05/01/2011 - 06/01/2011
- 07/01/2011 - 08/01/2011
- 08/01/2011 - 09/01/2011
- 11/01/2011 - 12/01/2011
- 12/01/2011 - 01/01/2012
- 02/01/2012 - 03/01/2012
- 05/01/2012 - 06/01/2012
- 06/01/2012 - 07/01/2012
- 07/01/2012 - 08/01/2012
- 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013
- 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013
- 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013
- 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013
- 09/01/2013 - 10/01/2013
- 10/01/2013 - 11/01/2013
- 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014
- 05/01/2015 - 06/01/2015
Posts by members and friends of el Castillo, the NHP & NHPFC, the Black Hole Bayou, Belhaven (Wells 2nd Floor, The PIT, The PUB et al), the Triune, Deuce Saints, Blue Eyed Merle's Quasi Acoustic Lunch Box Band (and incarnations of Da Da), The Beggar Canyon Boys, The Pirate Song Singers, The Really Rottens, Team Pimp, Brains of the Universe, Pula Llama, the el Castillian Wrestling Federation, related assemblies, groupies, affiliates, fans and all who aspire to the Castillian Dream
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
I'm surprised no one beat me to this. The iPhone might be the coolest thing I've seen since the original iPod. Now I just have to wait 3 years for the price to come down because there's no way I'm paying $500 for a phone. Even one that cool.
Comments:
That's what I said about the 1st gen iPod....no way was I paying $500 for it...then the RDF got the better of me and I bought it a week later.
I don't plan to buy it either, but you're not "paying $500 for a phone." you're paying $500 for an ipod/video player/mobile phone/web browser/PDA/2 megapixel camera. $500 isn't actually a bad price, considering what you'd pay for those things separately (but with inferior quality).
I thought it was less than that? well, we don't know what they'll be charging in June when this thing ships. you could just forgo the data service and use the wifi option for net/email. either way, it was nice knowin' ya, "crackberry."
I was skeptical at first until I really looked at the features. Man that thing is the utlimate geek phone. The new CoverFlow feature is a really cool way to look for music. The only thing that still concerns me it the soft QWERTY keyboard might be kind of weird when your used to keyboard on other smartphones.
I was really worried after they realsed that crappy itunes phone a while back but apple looks to have hit another home run!
I was really worried after they realsed that crappy itunes phone a while back but apple looks to have hit another home run!
$500 is the rumored starting price for the 4GB model. The 8GB version will be more than that.
This is the device I've been waiting for. I always said I wouldn't get an iPod or another Palm device until I could have everything in one.
Also, I wouldn't get the first generation. I got burned buying a 1st gen iBook. Apple revised it with more RAM for the same price 6 months after it came out. D'oh!
I will have one. Oh yes, it will be mine.
This is the device I've been waiting for. I always said I wouldn't get an iPod or another Palm device until I could have everything in one.
Also, I wouldn't get the first generation. I got burned buying a 1st gen iBook. Apple revised it with more RAM for the same price 6 months after it came out. D'oh!
I will have one. Oh yes, it will be mine.
Engadget has a post knocking this down a notch, with a bonus Magritte reference. I really like the design, but my current Windows phone costs $99 and does everything this phone does (except wifi), just not as sexy.
from engadget: "No over the air iTunes Store downloads or WiFi syncing to your host machine."
- is it really such a hassle to plug the phone in when you download something from the iTunes store? are people really downloading songs THAT frequently that this would bother them?
- no wifi syncing - but I'm sure there WILL be bluetooth syncing, which is very common now. no big deal there.
I can almost guarantee you that Apple will allow 3rd party apps to run on this. they probably are just waiting for FCC approval to see if they have to tweak it anymore.
Post a Comment
- is it really such a hassle to plug the phone in when you download something from the iTunes store? are people really downloading songs THAT frequently that this would bother them?
- no wifi syncing - but I'm sure there WILL be bluetooth syncing, which is very common now. no big deal there.
I can almost guarantee you that Apple will allow 3rd party apps to run on this. they probably are just waiting for FCC approval to see if they have to tweak it anymore.
