BOTU
- "Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
--Isaac Asimov
- "Issac Asimov is a great annoyance to us."
--Austin & Brian
Stuff
- Asian in a Strange Land
- Big Chief Tablet
- Brian Perry
- Capstone Public Affairs, LLC
- Dada Dick and the Blicktones
- Dayton Castleman
- Gentrys
- Le Luke Blog
- Life in the Valley of Peace
- Lulu Hagen's Web Gallery
- Soul Bacon
- StandardChuck
- subchapterk
- The Belhaven Blog
- The Life We Live
- This is Harrison
- Trip and Coop Blog
Archives
- 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
- 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
- 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
- 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
- 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
- 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
- 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
- 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
- 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
- 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
- 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
- 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
- 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
- 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
- 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
- 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
- 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
- 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
- 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
- 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
- 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
- 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
- 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
- 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
- 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
- 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
- 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
- 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
- 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
- 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
- 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
- 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
- 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
- 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
- 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
- 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
- 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
- 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
- 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
- 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
- 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
- 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
- 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
- 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
- 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
- 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
- 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
- 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
- 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
- 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
- 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
- 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
- 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
- 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
- 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
- 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
- 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
- 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
- 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
- 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
- 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
- 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
- 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
- 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
- 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
- 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
- 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
- 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009
- 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
- 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009
- 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
- 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
- 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009
- 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
- 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009
- 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009
- 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009
- 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
- 11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
- 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
- 01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010
- 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
- 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010
- 04/01/2010 - 05/01/2010
- 05/01/2010 - 06/01/2010
- 06/01/2010 - 07/01/2010
- 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010
- 09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010
- 10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010
- 11/01/2010 - 12/01/2010
- 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011
- 02/01/2011 - 03/01/2011
- 04/01/2011 - 05/01/2011
- 05/01/2011 - 06/01/2011
- 07/01/2011 - 08/01/2011
- 08/01/2011 - 09/01/2011
- 11/01/2011 - 12/01/2011
- 12/01/2011 - 01/01/2012
- 02/01/2012 - 03/01/2012
- 05/01/2012 - 06/01/2012
- 06/01/2012 - 07/01/2012
- 07/01/2012 - 08/01/2012
- 12/01/2012 - 01/01/2013
- 01/01/2013 - 02/01/2013
- 04/01/2013 - 05/01/2013
- 05/01/2013 - 06/01/2013
- 09/01/2013 - 10/01/2013
- 10/01/2013 - 11/01/2013
- 05/01/2014 - 06/01/2014
- 05/01/2015 - 06/01/2015
Posts by members and friends of el Castillo, the NHP & NHPFC, the Black Hole Bayou, Belhaven (Wells 2nd Floor, The PIT, The PUB et al), the Triune, Deuce Saints, Blue Eyed Merle's Quasi Acoustic Lunch Box Band (and incarnations of Da Da), The Beggar Canyon Boys, The Pirate Song Singers, The Really Rottens, Team Pimp, Brains of the Universe, Pula Llama, the el Castillian Wrestling Federation, related assemblies, groupies, affiliates, fans and all who aspire to the Castillian Dream
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
So these weren't the results I was expecting. Let's see your results
| What American accent do you have? (Best version so far) Northern You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for. |
| Click Here to Take This Quiz Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests. |
Labels: chicago
Comments:
"Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest"
The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.
Makes sense.
Military brat; always moving from coast to coast during the developmental years: what choice did he have?
None.
Sure,
I could have abandoned my family in the dry Mojave.
I could have left them all.
To escape the god in the clouds in Florida.
I could have left my Own to Die
And this is my judgement....
Most imitated by prospective newscasters.
"The by-default lowest common denominator "to be attempted to be achieved by said newscasters! And to placate my fears concerning my own dialectic issues involvning just HOW much I suck, they tell me that just because it appears that I suck that badly, I may not really suck that much because I didn't grow up in the Midland, and my accent may be confusing their accent triangulation or something.
Yay.
I win for my accent sucking so badly that their computer can't figure it out.
The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.
Makes sense.
Military brat; always moving from coast to coast during the developmental years: what choice did he have?
None.
Sure,
I could have abandoned my family in the dry Mojave.
I could have left them all.
To escape the god in the clouds in Florida.
I could have left my Own to Die
And this is my judgement....
Most imitated by prospective newscasters.
"The by-default lowest common denominator "to be attempted to be achieved by said newscasters! And to placate my fears concerning my own dialectic issues involvning just HOW much I suck, they tell me that just because it appears that I suck that badly, I may not really suck that much because I didn't grow up in the Midland, and my accent may be confusing their accent triangulation or something.
Yay.
I win for my accent sucking so badly that their computer can't figure it out.
"Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest"
The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.
Makes sense.
Military brat; always moving from coast to coast during the developmental years: what choice did I have?
None.
Sure,
I could have abandoned my family in the dry Mojave.
I could have left them all.
To escape the god in the clouds in Florida.
I could have left my Own to Die
And this is my judgement....
Most imitated by prospective newscasters.
"The by-default lowest common denominator "to be attempted to be achieved by said newscasters! And to placate my fears concerning my own dialectic issues involvning just HOW much I suck, they tell me that just because it appears that I suck that badly, I may not really suck that much because I didn't grow up in the Midland, and my accent may be confusing their accent triangulation or something.
Yay.
I win for my accent sucking so badly that their computer can't figure it out.
The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.
Makes sense.
Military brat; always moving from coast to coast during the developmental years: what choice did I have?
None.
Sure,
I could have abandoned my family in the dry Mojave.
I could have left them all.
To escape the god in the clouds in Florida.
I could have left my Own to Die
And this is my judgement....
Most imitated by prospective newscasters.
"The by-default lowest common denominator "to be attempted to be achieved by said newscasters! And to placate my fears concerning my own dialectic issues involvning just HOW much I suck, they tell me that just because it appears that I suck that badly, I may not really suck that much because I didn't grow up in the Midland, and my accent may be confusing their accent triangulation or something.
Yay.
I win for my accent sucking so badly that their computer can't figure it out.
i, too, am Midland - i think this is 72% full of crap and the other 28% is questionable - i still don't know what question #15 means
I definitely have certain words that I speak with a distinctly Southern accent. They just didn't happen to ask about them. Other words I have intentionally changed my pronunciation of in the past few years, my daughters name being one of them. Most Southerners would pronounce "Emma" as "Imma" (short i sound instead of short e sound at the beginning). I have to admit, the yankees are right about this one, so I've changed my ways. Yes, I've even caved on the "pen" vs. "pin" pronunciation [hint - they're not pronounced the same way].
I've never been able to call Atlanta "Atlanna." It tends to come out "ATlanTa." That's what I get for living in upstate NY for a year. Frigid Bastards.
Surprisingly, it said I had a Southern accent. Many people say I don't really have an accent.
Maybe I'm just one deaf so I don't know how I pronounce these words.
Post a Comment
Maybe I'm just one deaf so I don't know how I pronounce these words.


